Monday 22 October 2012

Strive to Fail

"Failure by definition, takes us beyond assumptions and what we think we know and can be represented... Experiment and Progress, examines failure's potential for experimentation beyond what is known, while questioning the imperatives of progress. The act of testing takes on a different register when considered as a process rather than a result-orientated search for progress"
-->
Feuvre, L. L. (2010). Introduction: Strive to Fail. The Whitechapel Gallery, London: The MIT Press. Pp. 12 – 19.
 

 
When Thinking about failure I think of how paint operates on surface, it becomes transparent or subdued or illuminates marks that where attempted to be covered. Although my choice in colours and form are very structured, I am Interested in the way the pigment attempts to break a way from is confined form, through either a drip or a water mark, these attributions are out of my control acting either in a failure or succuss - the process of trail and error tends to form my practice by repeating it over and over, until I exhaust the materiality of paint through repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.