Sunday 30 September 2012

Starlings Flocking



This starling murmuration i find not only is beautiful but presents from far away tiny black dots or marks in the sky. I see this video in terms of my practice as tiny pencil marks of the paper or small incision marks that cut into the paper to create this sort of sweeping, organic motion of movement.


I try to make work that reveals a similar motion of movement, like an optical shift. The flocking creates this illusion too as they present accumulation of clusters together causing this repetitive motion, through the duration of the clip, the starlings emerge and subtract dividing themselves to form new clusters. I am trying to demonstrate a similar process in my practice as i want lines to connect and disconnect, emerging and declining the image as it plays of the natural light.

Definitely a video to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.